Saturday 8 September 2012

I never drink... wine.


Get it? Because the polish is NYC 235 - 'Fine Red Wine'.
Thanking the marvelous count Dracula for the quote, of course.
Anyway, this polish. Doesn't actually remind me of a fine red wine. It's much too light and there's considerable pink undertones in this one. The colour, as my boyfriend quite aptly pointed out, is more of a cherry red.
Though I suppose staying on the Dracula route, describing it as arterial blood would suffice just as well. Bit morbid, maybe.


If you've read my blog before you may have read I've got a bit of a struggle towards red nailpolishes and have developed a bit of a love/hate relationship with them.
I tend to dismiss bright reds and find most reds look terrible on my skintone at first, only to fall madly and completely in love with them later. In this case I was deceived (just as with another red polish, W.I.C. London) into thinking it was a darker colour than it turned out to be.
What's a girl gotta do to get her hands on a crimson around here, anyhow?
In putting it on I thought it was much too pink, much too bright, and much too whatever I dislike in a polish. It grew on me after a short while, though.

The application of this one was actually very pleasing and would have covered nicely in two thick coats (my layering here was fairly thin, so it's not very opaque.)

One day, I'll get over my weird relationship with reds!
One day..!

Artificial light - flash.
How do you feel about reds? Hate them, love them?

No comments:

Post a Comment