Here are the rules:
Each person tagged/nominated must post 11 things about themselves.
They then must also answer the 11 questions the 'tagger' has set for them.
Then they must create 11 more questions to ask the bloggers they have decided to tag.
They must then choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers and tag them in their post.
These lucky bloggers must then be told.
There's no tag backs.
Scroll down to the bottom for my questions!
11 Things about me:
- Despite not being much of an anime fan, I joined a friend of mine to the Abunai convention yesterday, cosplaying a humanised Twilight Sparkle from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, with my friend as Pinkie Pie.
- I have rather an obsessive personality. I collect a great deal of things, and nail polish (obviously) is one of them.
- I'm a massive science-fiction fan. I'm a Trekkie first, and everything else second.
- I try to limit the amount of greens, purples and blues I wear on my nails for the sake of variety in my posts, but more often than not fail miserably.
- I wish I was more motivated to do the kind of more elaborate nail art I used to do, but at the present it's just not happening.
- I went to Stanley Kubrick | The Exhibition in the Eye in Amsterdam a short while ago, and was very excited to see original props from A Clockwork Orange, The Shining, 2001: A Space Oddyssey etc.
- I love playing Guitar Hero. Preferably, Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock.
- At present I have 7 bottles of nail polish standing on my desk
that I really ought to neatly put away. Good lord how do people get through 11 of these? I'm really boring.There's a model of Chakotay's Val Jean Maquis raider (Star Trek: Voyager) standing on my desk
- Because I have skinny fingers, I have a really hard time finding
affordablerings that fit, so I don't wear them very often.
- I'm the oldest of four. My younger brother and I (the oldest) are redheads. Our younger sisters are both blonde.
1. What is your favourite nail art design that you have ever created?
Probably the Sherlock Holmes one. As is probably apparent to those that read my posts regularly, I'm a big Sherlock Holmes fan, so this wasn't a hard choice.
2. What is your Go-To nail polish at the moment?
Hmm. That's a hard one, because I currently have *a lot* of untrieds that I'm attempting to get through. I have a go-to colour, though - when in doubt, go green.
3.What us your biggest pet-hate when it comes to nail art?
Basically, the fact that I'm not ambidextrous. What I do on my left hand, I cannot guarantee I will be able to recreate on my right. I'm a lover of symmetry, but I often don't repeat a design on the nails of my right hand simply because I worry it'll end up looking shoddy as hell.
In other people's nail art, it always bothers me if it's nicely done, and nailbeds are covered in polish. Really, you just spent ages on your nails, can you not clean them up a little before presenting them to the world?
4. How much did your most espensive nail polish cost?
I have polishes of a fairly high retail value - Dior, YSL, etc. - but those were largely given to me by my also nail polish obsessed aunt. The most expensive ones I've bought myself are probably Koh and OPI (~€14).
5. Why did you start blogging?
I love doing detailed nail art which I posted on deviantART, but I wanted to just ramble on about this passion as well, and just swatches have no place on deviantart in my opinion. I needed a place to express all these polish-related thoughts, and blogging allows me to do that without getting any of my friends mad at me for not shutting up about it ;).
6. Do you ever feel guilty about the amount of nail polishes you own?
To be honest - yes, terribly. I have some 150+ polishes, and I once calculated that the value of them would lie above 300 euros. That's absolutely ridiculous. It's selfish vanity and I often feel quite bad for it. I try not to buy so much nail polish anymore, because I have so many already. Yet I mostly fail.
7. Do you have any HTF (Hard To Find) Nail polishes? If so, what are they?
Not to my knowledge.
8. Have you ever been nominated for a blog award before?
Nope! First time.
9. Do you have any tips for new bloggers?
Post regularly and at a set schedule, so people know what to expect.
I do neither of these things; do as I say, not as I do.
10. What is your favourite fashion trend at the moment?
I'm not much of a fashiony person so I honestly wouldn't know what any contemporary fashion trends are.
I've recently embraced the concept of shorts to a degree? Is that still a thing..? God, it's almost September. I don't know!
11. Do you have a polish in your collection that you have never used? If so, name it! :)
Oh, yeah. Quite a few. I have tons of untrieds. If you go to 'My Stash' there's a lot of polishes I've never tried, really. Workin' on it.
Okay now, admittedly, this is the point I hate about being tagged - tagging others. I'm always afraid I'll just be annoying people. So uh, apologies in advance if you have no interest in doing this; I'm hardly forcing you.
Polish Art Addiction
We Heart Nailpolish
That's uh, that's gonna be it from me. I am choosing to completely ignore the ''tag others' criteria. I don't actually know all that many blogs, and a few of these are Dutch, so for your convenience, the questions; bilingually!
Questions for you:
- How did your interest in nail polish begin?
- Did you think it would go 'as far' as it did?
- What do those around you think of your interest in nail polish?
- When you're not blogging, what's your favourite thing to do?
- Do you prefer elaborate designs or simple and stylish manicures?
- Have you ever considered giving up blogging? Why did you stick with it?
- Are there any polishes in your collection you have an emotional connection to? If so, why?
- What's the longest you can go without doing your nails?
- What's the highest amount you're willing to spend on any single bottle of polish?
- Is there a style of nail art you've always been dying to try, but haven't dared (for whichever reason)?
- Which polish is your ultimate must-have?
- Hoe is je interesse in nagellak begonnen?
- Heb je ooit gedacht dat het 'zo ver' zou gaan?
- Wat denken de mensen om je heen van je interesse in nagellak?
- Wat is je favoriete activiteit buiten het bloggen?
- Heb je liever uitgebreide ontwerpen, of simpel en stylish nail art?
- Heb je er ooit over nagedacht het bloggen op te geven? Waarom bleef je het toch doen?
- Zijn er lakken in je verzameling waarmee je een emotionele connectie hebt? Zo ja, waarom?
- Hoe lang kun je gaan zonder je nagels te doen?
- Wat is het hoogste bedrag dat je bereid bent uit te gevan aan één flesje nagellak?
- Is er een stijl van nail art die je altijd al hebt willen proberen, maar nooit hebt aangedurfd (voor welke reden dan ook?)
- Welke nagellak is jouw ultieme must-have?