Sunday 12 October 2014

Gravity Falls.

Gravity Falls is a children's cartoon on the Disney Channel, and I wanted to do some nail art of just the character Bill Cipher initially, but ended up doing most of the main cast as well. If you're unfamiliar with Gravity Falls - I described it as similar to Eerie Indiana, or a Twin Peaks for kids. A friend chose 'like Scooby Doo, or The X-Files for kids'. Sounds good, right? Right.

Bill Cipher, Mabel & Dipper Pines, Soos, Grunkle Stan.
Something I did here that I haven't really done much anymore when it comes to nail art is that most of this is actually nail polish. I tend to default to acrylic paints, because the thicker structure and rougher nail polish remover isn't very good for my brushes, which - as an artist - I use for more than just my nails.
You definitely notice a difference in outcome though, nail polish blends into each other much more subtly.
I'm pretty pleased with the results!

I used a fair amount of nail polish for this and I'll list them per character.

Bill Cipher:
H&M
- Summer Sunrise, Essence - 03 My Boyfriend's Jeans, Hema - 809 (white), acrylic paint (black)

Mabel:
Essence - 01 High Waist Pink, H&M - Summer Sunrise, H&M - Pale Violet, Hema - 82, Max - Neon Orange


Dipper:
Safari - No 56, acrylic paint (light blue)

Soos:
Essence - 54 Trust in Fashion, Essence - 03 Back to Paradise

Grunkle Stan:

Rimmel - 035 Wine Not, YSL - 140 Pink Gold

2 comments:

  1. Wat gaaf gedaan zeg! Erg crea :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bedankt! Het was leuk om een keer weer met (bijna) alleen nagellak te werken.

      Delete