Friday 30 May 2014

Blurple.

Continuing with the effort to have my Stash completely full, two more old Catrice polishes. Today I've got '120 Plum Play With Me' & '260 Blue's Brother'. I got these in a time where my collection was still starting to develop, so they're pretty much my kind of 'basic'.

120 Plum Play With Me
These older Catrices have a much stronger chemical smell about them than they do nowadays. Let's cherish what we have now.
I used two coats, which, as you can see, didn't cover all that evenly. I don't intend to wear these colours for long, so I let it be.
Artificial light, flash.
260 Blue's Brother
This picture sadly didn't turn out too hot, but by the time I noticed, it was too late and I had altered the polish already.
Unlike the purple, this sparkly blue covered fine in two coats, which is a plus.
Flash, artificial light.
I.. wish I had more to say about them, but it's pretty straightforward. I guess my final thoughts are that they are decent for what they are, but I'm grateful for the changes Catrice has made over time (brush size, chemical smell etc.)

To give some semblance of unity when wearing two different colours (on top of which one being sparkly and one opaque) I threw a matte top coat over them (NYC - 274 Matte Me Crazy).

No comments:

Post a Comment