Thursday 6 February 2014

We're Ready to Believe You!

If there's somethin' strange in your neighbourhood.. who you gonna call?
Ghostbusters!

Predictable development right here. I really enjoyed doing this nail art though it was painfully difficult to photograph and do justice to the real life thing, so this post may be a little image-heavy.

It's been a while since I did some proper nail art! I think this Ghostbusters logo may have been the most complex cartoony thing I've done so far. Possibly tied with the Clockwork Orange one, I'm not sure. Anyway, I'm quite pleased with how it turned out.
More pictures!

Left hand

Right hand
I'll just admit right off the bat - I don't really like the drip nail art thing. Sometimes when executed very well I can enjoy them, but generally it's just not my cup of tea. However, I wanted to give them a go since I felt they suited the theme and I'd never done them before. I think they do well within the context here but.. eh. On their own they don't really wow me.

The yellow-black striped thing going on is based on the ghost traps they use, and was done with the aide of tape. Unfortunately application of top coat made them streak out a bit but I don't have it in me to touch it up to be honest.


Materials used:
- H&M 'Summer Sunrise', Say No To Racism set.
- 2True's 'Shade 4'
- A YSL metallic black I don't know the number of
- Koh's 'Black!' for the ghost-trap stripes.
- Acrylic paints

No comments:

Post a Comment