Wednesday 26 November 2014

Wanna Bee Your Sunshine

(You may want to enlarge this to see that they are,
in fact, hexagons.)



A little while ago, a friend sent me a magnificent package with all kinds of gifts and among those were two sets of nail art supplies.

One of them contained bottles of these little hexagonal glitters, a shape which probably reminds most people of the honeycomb.

Armed with this, I decided to do some nail art inspired by bees!






The base yellow is a discounted Essence polish by the cheerful name of '137 Wanna Be Your Sunshine', purchased specially for this nail art because my other yellows don't provide a very good base.

Then I set out to paint the honeycomb shapes on using my trusty little brush and Herôme W.I.C.'s 'Zagora 150', which is starting to feel like my go-to orange.

Because of course the little hexagon glitters that inspired it all had to have a place in this nail art somewhere, I used them as an accent on my ring finger, placing them in a pattern that followed the structure of a honeycomb.

Because I wanted to add an actual bee in there somewhere too, I added this little stylized representation of one on my thumb with a black Koh polish. I'd started a little too far up (or down, depending on your perspective) I added some glitter there too, to pretend the placement of the bee was entirely intentional.
Let's keep that a secret be(e)tween friends, eh?


No comments:

Post a Comment