Sunday 12 February 2012

First time's the charm.

In the last weekend of January, Enchantra had a 30% discount going to celebrate a segment in the papers. Now, I'm a sucker for the word 'discount' so I jumped right on that and bought Watermelon Rind from China Glaze's Summer Days collection.
Now here's a confession - prior to that, I'd never owned any China Glaze polish, rather opting for colours I could physically purchase in stores. Gasp, shock, awe; reasoning behind the title revealed.
Anyway, go figure me buying a summer nail polish around the days of the first snowfall. Despite that this is definitely a fun summery colour, I think it rather has some merits as to winter appropriateness. It can be seen as a cool blue-green, and I am all for cool blue-greens in winter. (Or really any time of year, I'm a bit biased.)
Artificial light - flash.
As this polish has been around for a while, there's no real point to me going very in-depth about it. I was pleased with the application despite a level of sheerness. Depending on the light it can look considerably more green or more blue, and due to the lack of sun my pictures seem to learn more towards the blue end of the spectrum.
So, that's pretty much it. I'm very happy with my purchase and I'm rather excited to maybe try this in combination with some other polishes in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment